Search This Blog

29 May 2012

The Limon

I have been mentally composing this post for a month now and I still don't really know how to start or how much to explain. So, here goes.


There is a fairly large tumor in the lining of my brain called a Meningioma. They are, from what I've been assured by the neurosurgeon, mostly benign growths that often cause no issues and in some cases can be left alone. I am only having minor issues right now but it is large and I am still young and it will, over time, continue to grow.


I have an appointment scheduled for June 4th for a neuro-ophthalmology exam because the tumor is encroaching on my optic nerve and the neurosurgeon wants to know if it's affecting my eyesight. Once the exam is done, I'll meet with the surgeon again to determine whether or not to schedule surgery now or put it off for a bit. 


Ultimately, it has to come out. It's bigger than a lime but smaller than a lemon, though not perfectly round-shaped, and it's near some very important things in my head. The surgery scares me, the recovery scares me, the fact that the surgeon says he probably can't remove all of it scares me.


It is mostly likely not cancer and that's fantastic. But it's still an awful lot to accept and process. 

5 comments:

  1. I had no idea... honey i wish u the very best. I hope everything goes well and i will certainly place u in my prayers. Lots of hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea... honey i wish u the very best. I hope everything goes well and i will certainly place u in my prayers. Lots of hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very brave. Sending positive thoughts your way. Let me know if there's anything I can do. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you, sweet girl. I believe you will be ok. I know someone who's lived with this type of tumor for many years and he is doing awesome. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, I know it's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete